HARFORD COUNTY, M.d — A mechanical failure contained in the engine of a 2010 Acura TSX result in a home fireplace in Harford County that precipitated $500,000 in damages.

The blaze began round 4:44 p.m., shortly after the proprietor of a house on Adelaide Lane parked the automobile inside his storage.

half-hour later, a landscaper, who was mowing the garden, informed the house owner that smoke was coming from the storage.

Office of the State Fire Marshal

House fireplace in Harford County

Afterwards, the resident opened the inside storage door and noticed heavy smoke.

He instantly went outdoors to open the primary storage door.

He tried to place out the blaze with an extinguisher, however his try failed.

The flames unfold to a different automobile contained in the storage, and to the attic.

Authorities say when the Bel Air Volunteer firefighters arrived, they had been capable of suppress the flames, holding them restricted to the attic and storage space.

No accidents had been reported.

Family members are aiding the homeowners.